Saturday, July 14, 2007

Nuttin Honey

That's pretty much what I did today.

Did the usual early morning coffee/bagel run and then managed a bit of weeding in the garden. By weeding, I mean chopping the hell out of our small dying/dead Oleander tree. And by garden, I mean our 7 plants in the smallest backyard in the world to house a wading pool. In between all this, I was rudely interrupted by an angry husband who attacked me with sunscreen. "I don't want to be caressing leathery sin when we're 60. Put this on. I mean it."

Then, we basically spent the entire rest of the day in the pool. We emerged to make a rum and coke with our Quinzos sandwiches, but quickly slunk back in the 75 degree bathwater pool to escape the 90 degree heat. And oh yeah, there were plenty more sunscreen applications. The top of our pool looks like the Exxon Valdez retired to an old folks home in Florida and decided, on an Alzheimer-induced wander, to take a quick dip in our backyard. Hmmm, the ducks from the neighbouring pond did seem to be nervously eyeing our oil-slicked pool this afternoon...I wonder if ducks can feel ancestral phantom trauma.

Much of the same for tomorrow I'm guessing. I might attempt to make some Indian food. Maybe we can skim the pool later in the day and use the clarified remains to make ghee...

1 comment:

Whiskeymarie said...

Oh, I am so glad someone else is riding the lazy train with me.
Please. Don't stop.
I don't want to feel inadequate.