Thursday, July 12, 2007

A Couple Things

1) Ray has a friend who described something very funny the other day. Conferences = nights of entertaining which basically mean heavy drinking + steak houses. Lots of steak + lots of martinis = The Meat Sweats. The Meat Sweats! I love it.

2) The Good Thing: I had to go home early from work yesterday. Yay! The Bad Thing: I had to go home from work early yesterday because my youngest nephew peed all over my T-shirt and new jeans. Not so yay.

3) An old man tried to kill me this morning by turning left onto my one way road and heading straight for me. He must've been in an Early Bird Breakfast Coma because he didn't realize it until I laid on my horn and scared the Bejeez out of him. He then proceeded to do a U-turn and cut everyone behind me off as well. Good Morning Grandpa!

4) Book Club last night. We were reading A Thousand Splendid Suns - a hard book to read as a woman, but it generated a lot of good discussion. There was talk about combining the monthly book meeting with scrapbooking. Not sure how excited I am about this...The next book is The Best of Friends.

3 comments:

H said...

You weren't previously familiar with the meat sweats? So sad for you. =)

Glad you're still alive. And no longer soaked in urine.

Lollie said...

Have I been living under a rock? Does everyone know abut this?

Whiskeymarie said...

We used to joke about the meat sweats at restaurants I worked at when people would sit on the patio on a 95-degree day and eat a steak with potatoes.
Dude, get a salad.