Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Grrrr

They didn't need a full bladder.

I'll say it again. THEY DIDN'T NEED A FULL BLADDER! I sat in the waiting room for 45 minutes in agony, until I couldn't take it anymore. I asked the nurse behind the counter approximately how long the ultrasound list (I was 6th) was going to take. "She's really behind today."

Hmm.

"Where's the bathroom?"

So I unloaded - and it took forever. I literally peed like a racehorse. And then I drank like one (do horses drink a lot? Maybe after a race...). I had my bottle of Fiji. I drained the bottle of Fiji.
An aside: Though I don't like water, I do adore me a Fiji bottle. The squareness is so chic.

So started the cycle again. Why is it that the second filling of the bladder happens so much faster than the first? It's the whole "breaking the seal" theory when you're drinking beer. Not twenty minutes later I was in the same position. Damn these low-waisted capris! The were pushing right where I didn't need them to when I was sitting.

Mercifully, Crystal, the ultrasound lady, called my name. I cautiously got up, so as not to pee my pants, and followed her, knees kept close together, to what I thought was the exam room.

Wrong.

She guided me to the bathroom on the other side of the hall and said, "I need you to empty your bladder." She must have seen the surprise on my face because she added, "Oh - you don't need to give me a sample...you can just let it all go."

WHAT!??!

I later learned that the water was not for the magnifying water balloon effect that I though was needed for the sonic waves to do their magic. She simply wanted my organs to be well hydrated.

Next time they should clarify that to drink and pee, drink and pee, drink and pee is okay.

ps - I'm skipping the wine with dinner tonight. I've had enough liquid for the week. I'll maybe start with a Coke on Sunday afternoon.

pps - I'm having residual voiding issues. I have to pee - again! This is tiring. Honestly, how do you water-drinking people do it?

2 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

"breaking the seal"
HAHAHAHA
I don't think I've heard that one before.

I pee a lot.
You get used to it.

H said...

I pee a lot too. Sometimes. Ironically sometimes I pee more on days when I don't drink any water as opposed to the days when I do. Weird, I know.