Sunday, May 06, 2007

2007 Just Got Wet

What a perfect lazy day. Woke up at the usual time in a panic and realized that it was Sunday. Ahhhh, back to sleep until 9:40.

Did the usual coffee run, stopping in to the 'Rents to illegally put water in the pool. Water in their pool? They are away for the weekend. Illegal? We are having a drought. During the half hour filling, I pilfered their fridge and made myself an ass-kicking cheese, green onion, cherry tomato and avocado omelette.

On the way home, I went to Joanne's Crafts and Fabrics to look for linseed oil. I had an informal oil painting course in E's garage with her Mom who was visiting for K's 4th birthday. It was great to get over the fear of starting a new medium, but I needed some linseed oil to stretch the paint (we used olive oil in the lesson!). Alas, no oil, so no painting today, which was the plan. So I moved to plan B.

Plan B: Laze by the pool and read.

Plan B turned into Plan C when we realized the pool temperature was 76 degrees!

Plan C: Swim in the pool!

2007's first swim day was relaxing and entertaining - the cat was being mocked by several of the neighbourhood birds. She was doing the growly meow where it looks like her teeth are chattering. Cracks us up every time we see it. It was lovely. We swam, ate sausages and read all day.

Then we had to move inside because the sky started to look a little ominous. The TV tells us we are in for a doozy of a thunderstorm, complete with hail and possible tornadoes. I can hear thunder now, so it's on its way.

I think we'll sleep with the curtains open tonight...I'm up for a light show.

5 comments:

H said...

I'm jealous. I want to laze by a pool! And then swim in it!

cK said...

Your questions:

1. What flavor cookies would you bake for Mikhail Baryshnikov?

2. If you won a contest to remove one obnoxious personality from the airwaves (radio or tv), who would it be?

3. Where is the funniest place your cat has vomitted?

4. What do you most often lose and where do you tend to lose it?

5. Would you prefer to be taller or faster?

Hulles said...

I am reminded of the Dating Game/Newlywed Whosis/? question, "Where's your favorite place to make love?" Cackle. Snicker.

Lollie said...

"I say, he say, in the butt, Bob"

Hulles said...

Yep, that's the one. Snicker.