Friday, December 28, 2007

Ready? Okay! C-A-N Can - I Am Go-ing To The Can! TP! TP! Yeeeeeah TP!!!!

So there we were last night, at City Crab, with two new friends - well, new to me, old friends of My Guy's. Delightful people, down to earth, funny and had no problem swearing within 20 minutes of meeting each other. I liked them instantly.

We ordered dinner (where I was told that my choice of steak was the better over the chicken, only to be told that there was one steak left - wasn't I lucky - and then promptly told he'd made a mistake the steak was gone - did I mind chicken - and then revisited three minutes later to be informed that there'd been a miscommunication and that I'd be getting my steak - yeah whatever waiter guy, just bring the damn food I'm hungry already). G got up and needed to go to the bathroom, but returned in 30 seconds because the bathroom was out of TP. She'd stopped by the server station and informed our waiter.

Get this....

The waiter stopped by our table with two rolls of toilet paper saying, "Would you mind taking these in...because, you know, heh heh, I can't really take them in there."

!!!

Umm, are the 10-odd girlish looking chicas also dressed in black wearing the long aprons taking orders trannies? And even if they are, couldn't they "pass" long enough to deposit some Charmin in the ladies?!

G was a champ. She just grabbed those rolls laughing, held them high over her head and shook them like cheerleader pom poms all the way to the back of the restaurant. I think I love her.


Not City Crab's can.

5 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

How did you not slap him for being so clueless?
I love the cheerleader move.

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

Hahaha...very funny! And how annoying too...

cK said...

I wonder if he didn't ask the women who work there because he was embarrassed to; or if he did but they were embarrassed to be seen holding toilet paper (because, well, you know--everyone would KNOW).

We live in one seriously screwed up country. I don't think the Victorian Age ever ended for us....

It's embarrassing, but it makes for fun stories.
-cK

kat said...

I choreographed a dance routine to the "C-A-N, CAN!" song. It is going to sweep the nation.

Stacey said...

She should have wet the toilet paper,then used a few dry sheets as sling shots and promptly launched them at all the wait staff not doing anything. Oh and she should have made and extra large one for 'waiter guy".