Friday, February 09, 2007

Falling Up

It warms my heart to know that a dear, dear friend is falling in love right at this very moment. He is in a sea of people, but I'm sure he only sees her. I wonder if he is at her side, or if he is working his way through minor conversations to gain the seat next to her. Did he buy her first drink? Will he see her to her car?

Or is he watching the night take its course from a mild distance, enjoying how her spectacular smile lifts his soul...up where the colors blend into the sounds.

6 comments:

cK said...

Either there are three ghosted images within the photo in this entry, or I'm very very drunk.

And yay for flutters! One must always keep a hummingbird in one's chest (figuratively speaking).
-cK

Hulles said...

What a lovely lyrical post! I really really liked this. Apparently you've been there yourself.

I hope you're not talking about cK and the Russian sailor last night; naw, couldn't be, you said "her." (Joking, just joking.)

I have to repeat how much I liked your short little entry. It made my day. Thank you.

Hulles said...

And I like your bloomers picture on your profile. Much better than the cat-fish.

Hulles said...

And thanks lots for the link too, which I just noticed. Okay, I'll stop now. But I'm in the process of responding to your "Dance" comments if you want to check it out later.

Lollie said...

Thanks Hulles - you're a peach. Yesterday I was feeling melodic while writing, and then I became fickle and felt the need to change my profile picture. I google-imaged "pantaloons" - not sure where that whim came from - and this picture was the most fun, and yes, I'll admit it, balletic. You can take the girl out of the ballet, but you can't take the ballet out of the girl...

Lollie said...

How are your flutters tonight cK?! I expect a full report on Monday. Well, as full as you want to go.