Tuesday, September 11, 2007

It's Just Bad Dance, Y'All

Pink India Ink made a very good point in her last post about the Brit disaster on the VMAs this past weekend.

I'm with her as far as the whole leave her body alone thing. I mean, the Momma has had two okay - she looks a helluva lot better than some of the soccer moms I've seen sporting too small and age inappropriate outfits.

However.

I was a performer in another life and damn. If you have THAT venue and it's being toted as a COMEBACK...get your sh*t in a pile Brit. That was shameful! Doddering, uncommitted, tentative, half-hearted, unsure, lazy, faltering. If your routine was changed ala last minute and you felt you needed more rehearsal, then heft your starpower weight and call an all-nighter. Or get a GD video of the steps, kiss your kiddies goodnight, put on your track, and Work On It.

Here's what I think: She doesn't want to do this anymore.

And if so, then spare us all the hype and excuses and just hang up your Go-Go boots. Many a star has made many a graceful exit. Obviously it's too late for you, so just put your frozen Margarita down, say your sorry and bow out now.

4 comments:

cK said...

Huh. I guess Tiffany lost the battles but, ultimately, won the war.

Coulda been so beautiful....
-cK

Sassmaster said...

Amen, Lollie. That's what a normal body looks like Hollywood, so suck on it. But she did look a little like she'd just woken up from a nap. You may be right, and she should just get another line of work.

Stacey said...

I've never,ever,ever thought what Britney Spears did could qualify as dancing.

She's so spastic it's scary.

Whiskeymarie said...

I saw it and didn't once think about her body. I guess I thought she looked fine. I'm kind of appalled that so much fuss is being made over how "fat" she looked. If that's fat then I'm a manatee.
But the performance? Sheesh, Brit. Put a smidge of effort in or hang up your sparkly bikini.
That's what is called "phoning it in", my dear.